We’ve heard somewhere that we should clean our makeup brushes every so often. But if I’m being honest, I probably do it once every month or every other month. Forgive me if that sounds nasty but I don’t use my brushes everyday anyways so I think that counts? Lol. Enough of my confessions here and I’ll start taking you through an easy peasy way of how I wash my brushes.
Things I use:
– brush egg (bought from forever21 for about C$5) I believe it’s also available on eBay
– hard soap (freebies from hotels) or body wash/liquid soap/baby shampoo
1. Wet the dirty brush through running water
2. Swirl it around the soap
3. Swirl it around the brush egg
4. Swirl the brush and brush egg through runing water
5. Squeeze out excess water and lay it flat on the towel
I usually let it dry overnight and it’ll be ready in the morning. I’ve tried washing with my hands but I found that it is too drying and abrasive on my hands. The brush egg works best because it protects my hands and it has ridges that help scrub through all the grime from my brushes. This method probably takes me only about 10 mins! Super easy and cheap!
Tell me how you guys wash your brushes so I can try different methods!
Thanks for dropping by!
Instagram | Bloglovin’ | Pinterest
Hattiesmithers was very sweet to nominate me for this tag!
The Rules are:
– Tag the blogger who nominated you
– Answer the questions
– Come up with 10 questions of your own
– Nominate other bloggers, and don’t forget to tell them!
This is actually my first tag and I had so much fun answering these questions! Here it goes.
- What is your favourite makeup brand and why?
Top 3: Urban Decay, Too Faced, and Kat Von D
- What was the inspiration for your blog?
The inspiration is to have a minimalistic design that will focus on beauty and makeup looks. I love Linda Hallberg’s blog and her talent is beyond amazing. My blog’s inspiration was mainly because of her.
- What is your holy grail makeup product?
A good brow pencil or any brow product of your choice.
- Beauty blender or makeup brush?
Beauty Blender just because my skin is so dry and always flaky that makeup brushes always micro-exfoliate my crusty nose leaving it as dry as the Sahara Desert. LOL
- What is your favourite affordable makeup brand? Colourpop. The shipping and exchange rate might make it more expensive for us Canadians but it’s still at that drugstore price range. Everything about Colourpop is so good. I’m obsessed!
- What is your favourite hobby/pastime?
Blogging is my new hobby! Being inside the web and interacting with fellow beauty addicts have been eating up my time lately. Blogging keeps me busy and I enjoy it so much.
- If you could only put on one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would it be?
EYEBROWS for sure. I’d be lookin’ like a little boy without one.
- Who is your favourite YouTuber/blogger?
Youtubers: Kathleenlights, MannyMUA, PatrickStarrr, Estee Lalonde, and Allana Davidson
Bloggers: Linda Hallberg, Keiko Lynn, A Beautiful Mess, the people at The Beauty Department, and Saab Magalona
- What is your best beauty advice?
Invest on your skincare routine.
Take off all your makeup EVERY NIGHT.
Use sunscreen every single day (even if its gloomy and dark, and even if you’re staying indoors most of the day)
- What is your favourite brand for lipsticks?
BITE BEAUTY! Might be a little biassed over this answer because I work for the company, but I love the concept behind being able to confidently lick your lips without having to worry about what you are actually ingesting. I love it too because it’s made in Toronto (yaaz Canada!)
- Who/what makes you happiest?
I would probably pick food and makeup. Give me pizza, fries, and a new makeup palette and I would be the happiest. LOL
pehge, keishagayle, Jessica Jade, Trish Uy, thestripedcoyote
Answer these questions!
- Matte or Gloss?
- Favourite makeup brush brand?
- What is your dream job?
- How much time does it take for you to get ready on a normal weekday versus going to a party?
- What do you do to pamper and de-stress?
- Favourite bloggers and vloggers?
- From which part of the world are you from?
- Favourite type of cuisine?
- Favourite TV show?
- What is your advice to bloggers who are just starting out?
Have fun answering these question girls!
Instagram | Bloglovin’ | Pinterest