I don’t know about you but I like looking at other people’s things. Call me a creeper but a random peep at a stranger’s purse is something I unconsciously do. I like rummaging through my sister’s and my mom’s purse without a specific purpose. I even go through my boyfriend’s bag sometimes even though I know I won’t find anything interesting. I’m sure some of you are as nosy as I am so sharing what’s inside my bag would be perfect. Here’s a list of my bag essentials and why I carry them around.
- Wallet – which will be reduced to a coin purse because stupid me left it at a coffee shop patio. My sympathetic nervous system worked it’s way and relaxed all my sphincters and I felt like all the fluids in my body will leak out. Fortunately, good people exist and it came back home to mama. Lost it once, never again.
- Earphones – for long commutes (mostly caused by TTC delays)
- TTC Metropass – tied to a lanyard because hello, it’s me, and I lose everything. lol
- Glasses – for #LolaLei
- Eye drops – for my dry and strained eyes from too much electronics. #LolaLei
- Perfume – for stank dayz
- Mints – again. for stank dayz
- Hand lotion – for my crusty hands
- Lip balm – for my crusty lips
- Lippies – that always seem to accumulate after weeks and you realize you have 20 lipsticks after a few weeks
- Pens – because as I grow older, I realize that pens are essential to life and it must be inside your bag. #certifiedTita
- Pain killers – TMI. for painful periods
- Pads – (not in pic) TMI. for emergency purposes
- Umbrella – (also not in pic) Because. Rain.
Thanks for reading! What are your bag essentials??
Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest |
It’s my first time to post a non-beauty related blog! Carrying on with my 2017 blogging goals, I’ve said that I would venture out and be open about my blog and make it more personal. This is me being personal as I share my love for food (or making food). Food and makeup are probably 2 of my most favourite things.
Anyway! Let’s go on and make cookies. Note that I only took pictures when it was done. I didn’t record the whole process because I wasn’t planning on posting about it so bear with me and I will improve my documentation process next time. HAHA!
Pinterest is a pinteresting place and I’m always on it when I’m hungry. So I found this recipe for cookies with only 5 ingredients! Is it heallthy? Of course not. LOL. But it’s easy and it hit all my craving spots!
I got this recipe here from Baker by Nature. But I’ll copy and paste the whole recipe here.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 10 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- In the body of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the sugar and beat well.
- Add in flour, a small bit at a time, beating in on low speed, just until incorporated. Fold in oreos until evenly distributed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough, roll them into rounds, and place them on the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on each cookie.
- Place pan in the oven to bake for 10-11 minutes, or until *just golden at the edges. They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven – that’s a good thing!
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 full minutes, then very carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy 🙂
I doubled the recipe and eyeballed the cream cheese and butter because I don’t know how to measure cream cheese in ounces and butter in tbsps. #noob! The cookies will feel soft when you take them out. Once they completely cool, it’ll be chewy but the Oreos will keep its crunch!
I’ll definitely make these again next time!
Also, how do you guys feel about food and lifestyle posts?
Thanks for reading! ❤️
Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest |
I have a new favourite concealer! I’m usually not a fan of full coverage concealers because it could look a bit cakey. I tried the Physicians Formula #InstaReady concealer and immediately fell in love!
I got this concealer from a lovely brunch hosted by Physicians Formula at Figo down at John and Adelaide. It was an amazing morning packed with makeup and food. I also met a bunch of bloggers who were just so sweet! Physicians Formula gave us a bunch of samples and I received this concealer in the shade “Light”. Luckily, it was a perfect match so I tried it right away.
My skincare routine consists of a few products. It’s always changing but it I tend to stick to the basics: cleanser, serum and moisturizer. I’ll probably do a separate blog post for my comprehensive skincare routine. For now, I’ll talk about the serums that have changed the texture of my skin for the good.
I have been looking at proper serums at Sephora and everything is just so pricey! I haven’t decided if any of it is worth it so I just pushed it aside and postponed buying any skincare item. Luckily, the kind people over at Eden’s Semilla reached out and had me try out their AMAZING serums.
Eden’s Semilla is basically a brand that specialises in natural oils, essential oils and facial serums. Both serums are free of parabens (preservatives) and sulphates, fragrance-free, vegan-friendly and not tested on animals.
After a week of testing out this brow gel, I finally have my thoughts settled!
I was lucky enough to be one of the 180 people who got picked to receive this Influenster VoxBox! I think everyone got one product out of the few new launches Maybelline had. This is exciting since it’s my second time to receive a VoxBox! Hooray free stuff!
So how was the product?